The Association for Iron & Steel Technology is a world-class Institute offers its Undergraduate scholarship program Open to students of USA, Canada, Mexico , to equip with the most recognized, innovative courses and practices within the discipline. AIST Foundation Steel Scholarships will be awarded to the hardworking, talented and deserving students from the selected country/countries. This educational award welcomes students to get themselves enroll in listed Undergraduate program for the academic year of 2019-2020 and earn a Partial Funding, $3,000 – $12,000 scholarship in USA . The deadline to avail this scholarship has not finalized yet but make sure to check the program website if any latest development in this matter has been made.
- Applicants of AIST Foundation Steel Scholarships must commit to a paid summer internship at a North American steel company or industry supplier.
- The student must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico, or he/she eligible for employment in a NAFTA country through a work permit.
- The students with a GPA of 2.5 or more are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The students with majors in metallurgy, materials science, electrical, mechanical, chemical, industrial, environmental, computer science are accepted.
- The students applying must be a part of accredited North American university, enrolled full-time in a four-year undergraduate program.
Types of Scholarship:
- Steel Intern Scholarship – The Summer internship is followed by a US$6,000 one-year scholarship.
- The awards are up to 20 in number.
- Premier Intern Scholarship – The applicant with the top score will be awarded the Premier Scholarship. He/She will receive US$12,000 with a paid summer internship.
- Steel Scholarship – The scholarship does not include an internship and the student is awarded US$3,000 one-year scholarship.
- Resume stating your experiences and any extracurricular activities.
- An essay should be submitted explaining your professional goals, your interests in the steel industry and how your skills will support the industry in two pages.
- Two Letters of recommendation from a professor or an employer (if you are experienced).
- Official documentation of academics.