California State University, Sacramento is a world-class Institute offers its Training & Short courses scholarship program Open to International Students; Not for J1, F1 visa and work permit that requires E-verify system participation. , to equip with the most recognized, innovative courses and practices within the discipline. California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program in US, 2019 will be awarded to the hardworking, talented and deserving students from the selected country/countries. This educational award welcomes students to get themselves enroll in listed Training & Short courses program for the academic year of 2019-2020 and earn a Partial Funding, $2,627/monthly stipend plus full health, vision and dental benefits. scholarship in USA . The deadline to avail this scholarship has not finalized yet but make sure to check the program website if any latest development in this matter has been made.
Applications are invited for the California Senate Fellows Program to provide insight into the legislative process through experiential learning. It offers college graduates a paid, full-time legislative staff position in the State Capitol. Responsibilities include helping develop legislative proposals, researching and analyzing bills, responding to constituent inquiries, and writing press releases and speeches.
Eligibility for California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program in the US, 2019:
- Be at least 20 years of age by September 1st of the fellowship year.
- Have a bachelor’s degree by September 1st of the fellowship year and a demonstrated interest in state government and public policy.
- Undergraduate CGPA of 2.5 or above or a GPA of 2.5 or above in last 60 and 90 units.
- Be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of the program under a permit that does not require participation in the E-verify system.
Number of award(s):
- Eighteen California Senate Fellows will be selected.
Duration of award(s):
- Fellows will be selected to serve as full-time Senate staff for 11 months beginning in October.
- The Selection Committee, composed of two university and seven Senate representatives, selects the most qualified applicants for the program based on a written application and subsequent interview. Committee members look for:
- Genuine interest in California politics and public policy
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and bipartisan collaboration
- Characteristics of collaborative learning and problem-solving including flexibility, initiative, adaptability, and maturity
- Academic and professional achievement
- Interest in and knowledge of the California legislative branch
- Demonstrated track record of civic engagement
Value of California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program in the US, 2019:
- The California State University system provides the fellows with a unique position of having dual status as a CSU employee and graduate student. This combined status offers a unique combination of benefits.
- Monthly stipend of $2,627
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid university enrollment and student fees
- Student loan deferment
- Six graduate units
- Student and staff campus privileges
Deadline for California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program in the US, 2019:
- The last date to apply for California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program is 11th February 2019.
Note: Interviews will be held in Sacramento and Los Angeles in late April/early May. Acceptance letters will be sent out to selected candidates by May.