This program aims to assist financially inapt families and students who aspire to get enrolled at the University of California (UC) or California State University (CSU) campuses. Undergraduate applicants who are new and those who are transfers or returning undergraduates can also apply. Furthermore, students with assets amounting to $177,000 can also apply.
The university was founded on 23rd March 1868 and boasts of a myriad of degree programs including 160 academic disciplines, 800-degree programs, five medical centres, and three national laboratories. Whereas, California State University originated in 1857 and has 23 campuses and eight-off campuses and delivers adequate quality education at a far reasonable price than any other public university in the region.
Eligibility Criteria for California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) – Middle-Class Scholarship, USA
Undergraduate study programs are available in any subject.
Following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Be a student of CSU or UC in California
- Be a permanent US resident or citizen, or else have AB 540* student status
- Meet specific standards of financial aid or student loan
- Maintain required progress in academic performance
- Should not be on a previous student loan of any sort
- Must not be incarcerated
*AB 540 students must have the following qualifications:
- Must have attended California high school for at least 3 years or have gained credit hours equivalent to year period or have combined 3 years qualification from California middle or secondary school, as mentioned through AB 2000
- Should have passed CHSPE or graduated from California high school or have achieved general equivalency diploma GED
- May have been enlisted in a prestigious California college or university
- If applicable, fill an affidavit to inform about current status whether it be immigration or legalization status
Procedure to Apply for California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) – Middle-Class Scholarship, USA
Following steps must be followed:
1: Apply for undergraduate admission to the University of California (UC) or California State University (CSU). Once you have been issued as an eligible candidate, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship. Your FAFSA or CADAA must be provided with your valid email address. Reapplication is required each year.
2: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) is required to be filled by students before 2nd March. Once you have submitted FAFSA or CADAA, you can create a www.webgrants4students.org account in order to track your status for any financial aid.
Note: students will get notified by California student aid commission in August, once they have been selected for receiving an MCS award.
Documents: requirements for any undergraduate admission as informed by UC or CSU
Entry: check the desired university admission requirements page for information
Language: English speaking, reading. writing etc must be a strong attribute of the applicant
- The learner can receive an award between 10% and 40% fees of US and CSU if the family income reaches $177,000 a year.
- Students can receive an award of as much as up to 4 years by the MCS, as no grant has been specified. The award may be dependent on the education level when awarded.
- International HCI Skills Gateway Scholarships in UK
- University of Windsor Students’ Alliance International Student Leader Scholarships in Canada
- International Student Scholarships at Hope College, USA
- Michael & Susan Dell Foundation – Dell Scholarships Program in the USA, 2022
- Beacon Scholarships for Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda Students at Cardiff University, UK
- RevenueZen Social Selling International Scholarship, 2021
- International Student Continuation Scholarships in USA
- Carnegie Dartlet $10,000 Scholarship