If you want to study in Following Country and just become eligible for PhD studies then you are lucky because CERN has announced scholarship for the academic year of 2019 -2020 in any of the available PhD degree program. These scholarships will be awarded under the title of CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019 to the hardworking, talented and deserving students. This educational award will provide you a Full Funding, A stipend of 3679 CHF/month will be provided in addition to other benefits depending upon the scholarship you earn. The best track record you have the more coverage you will be able to receive.
CERN Doctoral Studentship Programme provides a chance to work on your thesis while spending 6 to 36 months at the forefront of science.
Disciplines represented: Applied physics, IT, mathematics, electrical, electronic, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, science communication, surveying, ultra-high vacuum.
Eligibility for CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019:
- Applicant needs to be a national of a CERN Member State and studying in a Member State. Pakistani, Romanian, Serbian and Turkish nationals are also eligible.
- Students from the Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State educational establishment.
- Applicant has started or is about to start a doctoral programme at a CERN Member State University.
- Applicant’s work envisaged at CERN is all or part of the thesis work required to obtain Ph.D.
- Daily supervision of the student during the period at CERN will be the responsibility of a CERN staff member. The award of the degree remains the responsibility of the applicant’s university. Hence in each case, the academic arrangements will be discussed between the university thesis supervisor and the CERN supervisor.
- Doctoral Studentships are for 6 months initially and are normally renewable for two further periods of 12 months. The total period (up to 36 months) may extend over a maximum duration of four consecutive years, whereby periods of up to 12 months are granted as unpaid special leave giving the option to students to spend time at their university.
- Applicant has a good knowledge of English or French.
Value of CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019:
- 3679 CHF/month (the allowance is net of tax)
- Travel allowance
- Additional allowance for students who are married and/or with child(ren)
- Contract of association initially 6 months, renewable up to 3 years
- Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution automatically deducted from allowance).
- 40 hours/week
- 2.5 days of annual leave/month
- CERN housing service helps to find local accommodation; social affairs service.
Deadline for CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019:
- The last date to apply for CERN Doctoral Student Programme is 25th March 2019.