The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) is a world-class Institute offers its PhD scholarship program Open to International Students , to equip with the most recognized, innovative courses and practices within the discipline. ICFO Stepstone Fellowships, 2019 will be awarded to the hardworking, talented and deserving students from the selected country/countries. This educational award welcomes students to get themselves enroll in listed PhD program for the academic year of 2019-2020 and earn a Partial Funding, 36,000.00 euros per year + 1,500 euro Relocation support scholarship in USA . The deadline to avail this scholarship has not finalized yet but make sure to check the program website if any latest development in this matter has been made.
The Institute of Photonic Sciences is offering Ph.D. positions to well-qualified graduate students to get a doctoral degree in one of the research fields covered at ICFO.
The research fields covered by ICFO are Graphene and 2D NanoMaterials, Biophotonics and Biomedical Optics, Green Photonics and Photovoltaics, Nanoscopy, Advanced Imaging and Super-resolution Imaging, Atto-Science and Ultrafast Lasers, Nanophotonics, Nanotechnology, and BioNanoScience, Optoelectronics, Optical Processing and Optical Sensing, and Quantum Optics, Atom Optics and Quantum Information.
- The applicants for ICFOstepstone Fellowships, 2019 should hold an internationally recognized Postgraduate degree or it equivalent in the fields of science and engineering related to the research activities of ICFO.
- The candidates should have an equivalent to 300 ECTS, a minimum of 60 ECTS in postgraduate studies for the degrees issued under the
- European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- The applicants should have obtained a Postgraduate degree, not before 4 years except for parental leave. Any exception which is properly documented is considered.
- The applicants should not have resided in Spain for more than 12 months in the past 36 months.
- The persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
- The applicants for ICFOstepstone Fellowships, 2019 should submit a curriculum vitae with contact details, scanned academic transcripts in English or Spanish, and two reference letters and their contact details.
- The candidates should also submit a cover letter stating their research interests.
- The reference letters should be e-mailed to the specified e-mail address by the referees.
- The candidates applying for ICFOstepstone Fellowships, 2019 are evaluated on the basis of their personal achievements and academic merit.
- The applicants are assessed based on their academic excellence, the capacity of teamwork, and participation in community activities.
Value of Fellowship:
- The recipients get fellowship amount of 36,000 euros per year.
- The recipient is also provided with 1,500 euro relocation pay.
- The deadline for this application is 29th November, 2018.