University of British Columbia is a world-class Institute offers its Post Doc scholarship program Open to International Students , to equip with the most recognized, innovative courses and practices within the discipline. Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship will be awarded to the hardworking, talented and deserving students from the selected country/countries. This educational award welcomes students to get themselves enroll in listed Post Doc program for the academic year of 2019-2020 and earn a Full Funding, $50,000 annual stipend + travel research allowance of $4,000 scholarship in Canada . The deadline to avail this scholarship has not finalized yet but make sure to check the program website if any latest development in this matter has been made.
Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is being offered by the University of British Columbia to candidates around the world who wish to pursue advanced studies in most fields of research.
- Candidates applying for Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship must have completed their PhD and all of its requirements no longer than 2 years prior to the start date of the fellowship.
- PhD requirements generally include thesis defence corrections and thesis deposition although they vary with each institution/ degree type.
- For applicants who had interruptions/delays in their career due to illness or health-related family responsibilities, child rearing, eligibility period may be extended to a maximum of one year.
- The interruptions/delays must have occurred post completion of all the PhD requirements.
- Applicants for Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship must not have studied PhD at any campus of the University of British Columbia.
- Applicants must not be continuing faculty or holding a tenure-track at a university/college while those holding a temporary term or non-tenure track appointments can apply.
- Candidates of any nationality can apply but successful ones must meet all the Canadian immigration requirements.
- Excellence in scholarly work and independent research sums up to 60% weight of the application.
- The quality of proposed research project is of 30% weight in the application.
- The rest 10% is based on the applicant’s personal qualities