University of Queensland offers PhD Scholarship for highly motivated domestic and international students to pursue highest degree in Australia. Students having interest in Mechanical and Mining Engineering can apply for this Scholarship in addition to education stipend.
The University of Queensland founded in 1909. It is a public research university located in Brisbane the capital of Queensland state in Australia. It is fifth oldest university and founding member of online higher education consortium. The university ranks in top 50 universities worldwide and a research-intensive institute. It provides different opportunities for undergraduate and graduate studies.
Why you should pick University of Queensland?
The University has six faculties and one college and graduate school and provides a range of degrees from associate, bachelor, master, doctoral and higher level. The University is recognized for research in science, medicine, and technology fields.
- Domestic and International Students can apply for scholarship in field of Engineering and computing studies in Australia. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with at least honours class IIA or equivalent from recognized university and comprises of relevant research.
- Candidate must possess master’s degree, or
- Candidate must possess coursework master’s degree and relevant research with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component, or
- A postgraduate degree of at least one-year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honour IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis, or
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Students must make a thesis of maximum 80,000 words, with the research representing a significant advancement in the discipline.
Procedure to Apply:
- Students on affirmation of admission on University of Queensland will be automatically considered for Scholarship.
- Note: Applicants can also contact Professor Mingxing Zhang at Mingxing.Zhang@uq.edu.au, to discuss your suitability for this application before applying.
- Application must be submitted before 21-October-2020
- Applicants have to upload all documents in PDF files online and use the naming convention – LAST-NAME_firstname_document-name. Materials are as Academic CV, Academic transcript, Award certificates/testamurs, Evidence of English language proficiency, a copy of your Passport, and Contact details from two referees.
- All candidates must fulfill the requirements of admission into the PhD program. Domestic candidates must have an Honours degree or equivalent in Materials Engineering, mechanical engineering (or related disciplines).
- Applicants must meet all the English language proficiency requirements of University.
The University of Queensland will provide living stipend of $28,092 per annum 2020 rate tax-free indexed annually. In addition to the base stipend, a top-up scholarship of $6000 to $10000 per annum tax-free may be awarded.
The funding program will for three years with the possibility of two 6-month extensions in approved circumstances. Successful candidates will obtain training in physical metallurgy of metals, manufacturing of steels, advanced material characterization techniques and necessary laboratory measurement techniques.
- International HCI Skills Gateway Scholarships in UK
- International Student Continuation Scholarships in USA
- International Student Scholarships at University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Beacon Scholarships for Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda Students at Cardiff University, UK
- Politics, Economics and International Relations Scholarships at University of Reading, UK
- International Student Scholarships at Hope College, USA
- University of Windsor Students’ Alliance International Student Leader Scholarships in Canada
- RevenueZen Social Selling International Scholarship, 2021