By choosing to study in at Simons Foundation you will have the opportunity to develop your strategic, analytical and critical thinking by applying theoretical concepts to new global situations, as well as enhance your capabilities for leading and managing people. Like always for the academic year of 2019-2020, Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019 has also been Open to selected African countries If you prove that you are the eligible one for this educational award then you will obviously one of those lucky winners who get a chance at the educational hub of Following Country that too with the Partial Funding, Travel costs, visa, living, accommodation costs, etc upto USD 5,000 .
The Simons Foundation is providing funding for candidates who wish to pursue research through Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019.
Eligibility for Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019:
- Applicants of Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019 must hold a valid doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in mathematics.
- Candidates applying for Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019 must be based in one of the developing countries(Countries whose Gross National Income per Capita (GNI) is less than 11,000 USD) of Africa.
- Applicants must be working as a mathematician in either a faculty of a university or an equivalent higher education institution.
- Contact with a mathematician in the host institution in mathematical center of excellence worldwide must be established by the applicants and must also have a definite research plan with the host.
- Appropriate leave of absence must be granted by the applicants’ home institutions which will cover the period of the visit.
- A formal letter of invitation from the host institution which clearly specifies the period of the (short) research visit, as well as the extent of its financial commitment and support, should accompany the application form.
- One month would be considered as the minimal length of a visit.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of both the host Professor and the applicant must be submitted which must include a selected list of publications. (Max. 3 pages).
- A detailed Research program which should include expected interaction with local mathematicians and Ph.D. students, the general aim of the visit, schedule of the research visit.
- Budget details (in EURO)(detailed draft of the approximate spending).
- A formal letter of invitation from the host institution.
- A formal letter from the home institution.
- The grantee has to submit a detailed financial report and has to send all invoices and boarding tickets to the IMU Secretariat (in original by post) six weeks after the end of the visit.
- A minimum of 3 pictures must be sent by the grantee during the visit to the CDC website.
Value of Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019:
- The successful applicants of Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019 will receive up to $5,000 which includes:
- Travel costs.
- Visa costs.
- Travel insurance charges.
- Living allowances.
Deadline for Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019:
- The last date to apply for Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019 is 15th July 2019.