In India, more than half of the student population cannot study due to lack of sources. To cover the gap in education finance, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited (NSDL e-Gov) has come up with a technology enabled initiative by introducing an online platform. Students can easily search and apply for various education finance schemes for which they think they are eligible. The fund providers can gain benefit from this opportunity by promoting skill development. Education finance schemes can be also designed in industry and corporate education.
This solution will help manage all the system entirely online by Vidyasaarathi scholarship. Like submission and review of applications, the award of scholarship, disbursement of funds and renewal of education finance. Vidyasaarathi Scholarship portal is designed very user friendly so everyone in the society can access it. It is a great initiative towards the development of educational sector by using electronic means.
History and Perspective
The Vidyasarthi scholarship for Indian students is being run by the Government of India for the underprivileged or poor students. Under the scheme, students who are good in studies will be given financial assistance in the form of scholarship amount by the government of India. Many students in India cannot afford quality education or education at all.
Why Vidyasaarathi Scholarship?
Now Indian Students do not need to go to an office or department for the submission of application forms now. All the applications can be filled and submitted just after a single click. This would also promote students to apply in more than one places rather than a single. This would increase the chances of selection too.
Vidyasarathi Scholarships Main Key Features:
Below are the Vidyasarathi Scholarships Portal details: and main key features:
Indian Students would not have to go to each every educational institute in which they wish to apply to get forms and submit them. Students would be able to check out a number of opportunities simply by connecting their devices to the internet by sitting in their homes. Moreover, this a platform which
- Is run by the Gov to provide online education facility offered by corporates
- Students can search and apply for various opportunities just online
- Selection process depends on the merit, financial status of the applicant
- No fee is charge for applying or submitting application
- Education finance schemes can be also designed in industry and corporate education.
Covered Scholarships under Vidyasarathi Schemes
The list of covered scholarships for Indian students under Vidyasaarathi scholarships portal are as follows:
- TransUnion CIBIL Scholarships
- TATA Housing Scholarships
- Schindler India Renewal Scholarships
- NSDL Shiksha Sahyog Scholarships
- MPCL Scholarships
- ADHPL Scholarships
- CARE Rating Scholarships etc.
What Does Vidyasarathi Scholarship Offer?
The Vidyasaarathi Scholarship amounts are as follows
- The basic scholarship amount is up to INR 5000 which students can get
- For an undergraduate course, the financial assistance is up to INR 5000
- The students of BE/B TECH can receive amount up to INR 30,000
- diploma students can receive up to INR 20,000
- for ITI course students can receive financial amount up to INR 20,000
Vidyasaarathi Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria of Vidyasaarathi Scholarship is quite different from the program selected by the students.
- For undergraduate Course, minimum 50% marks in HSC are eligible
- For BE/B Tech, minimum 50% in HSC and Diploma are eligible
- For ITI Course, Minimum 35% in SSC are eligible
- For Diploma holders, Minimum 50% in SSC are eligible
- The annual income of the candidates should not exceed INR 5 lakhs
- The scholarship is not available for ACC employees and their children
Required documents for applying for Vidyasaarathi Scholarship:
The documents which are required for application for Vidyasaarathi Scholarship, India are as follows
- Domicile Certificate
- Proof of identity
- Aadhar Card
- Address proof
- Marksheet of class 10th, 12th
- First Year Passed Marksheet (For Second Year Students)
- The second Year Passed Marksheet (For Third Year Students)
- Student Bank Passbook
- Allotment letter
- Admission confirmation letter
- College fee receipts
- Income certificate
- Optional Document PAN Number / Voter ID Card / Passport
All documents uploaded shall be clear and must be in .jpeg or .png file only
How to Apply For Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
Students of India can search and apply for various scholarships in which they think they fit perfectly well. Below are the steps you can follow to apply in the Vidyasaarathi application form. Vidyasaraathi scholarship 2018 and 2019 login details are
Steps to Register for Vidyasaarathi Scholarship application 2020 on Vidyasaraathi portal
- Step-1: Login by the website to the Apply for Vidyashaarathi Scholarship.
- Step-2: Click on the “Sign Up” button which is at the top of the page
- Step-3: Fill up all the basic required fields
- Step-4: Click on the “Submit” button to create your account on Vidyasaarathi portal
First a verification email would be sent to you. After activating your account by that, you will be able to fill all the necessary details for Vidyasaarathi scholarship.
The last date for submission of the Vidyasaarathi Scholarship application form 30th September 2019 to 04th November 2019
You can check your Vidyasaarathi scholarship application status 2018 and 2019 at the official website too as well which is https://www.vidyasaarathi.co.in/Vidyasaarathi
- University of Windsor Students’ Alliance International Student Leader Scholarships in Canada
- Beacon Scholarships for Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda Students at Cardiff University, UK
- RevenueZen Social Selling International Scholarship, 2021
- International HCI Skills Gateway Scholarships in UK
- Carnegie Dartlet $10,000 Scholarship
- International Student Continuation Scholarships in USA
- International Student Scholarships at Hope College, USA
- Michael & Susan Dell Foundation – Dell Scholarships Program in the USA, 2022